Saturday, March 7, 2015

New Endeavors And A New Pattern

Well, as much as I enjoy creating Christmas designs for Grandma Kringle's Christmas In Stitches, I felt I needed a bit more variety and perhaps an escape from winter weather in general.  And, I really had a longing to return to my passion for primitives, samplers, and folk art.  Thus begins, Sweet Liberty Threadworks!  I hope to focus not only on cross stitch designs but also needle punch, wool applique, and eventually rug hooking (I just need several more hours in a day!).

Today, I'm pleased to offer you my first cross stitch design for Spring...and let's hope Spring is just around the corner!  Spring Blessings is stitched on 28 ct Vintage Pear linen using a variety of specialty and DMC threads.  I also incorporated the petite stitches using one strand of floss over one thread.  For the trim I chose to use an ivory chenille to give it a bit of a "fuzzy" appeal.  I had originally planned to spray the finished piece with a bit of walnut stain but in the end opted not to.  This pattern is now available for purchase here on my blog and I hope you'll enjoy stitching this as much as I did...and may it bring you assurance for blue skies and sunshine in the coming weeks ahead!

Happy Stitching~

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful breath of Spring to look at as outside my windows the ground is still covered in snow. Had 10 inches fall on Thursday here, but in no way do we have as much as Boston and New York.
    I wish you success in this new path you're taking and will continue to look for new designs from Grandma Kringle. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete